3/4 cup soft brown sugar
1 cup mashed overripe banana - from 2 large banana
3/4 cup self-raising flour
3/4 cup plain flour
1/2 tsp soda bicarbonate
3/4 cup walnuts, roasted, chopped finely
- Grease baking pan, if you like cover base with baking paper.
- Beat butter and sugar in medium bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy, beat in eggs, 1 at a time.
- Stir banana, then sifted flours and bicarbonate soda, and walnuts, spread mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake in moderate microwave oven or oven 180C for about 1 hour.
- Stand cake for 5-10 minutes onto wire rack to cool it down, cut and ready to serve with coffee or tea